• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

cool Lancia Stratos vid.....

jrkoupe

Thanks for posting. Would have preferred hearing the cars to the soundtrack, though.

The Stratos' predecessor, the Fulvia, is one of my favorite cars of all time. Too bad they're so rare.

Here's the sound track... well.... not a stratos but the closest I have! :)

1970 Nevada 2002 Survivor

1975 Golf 2002 Project

1972 Atlantik 2002tii

I remember seeing photos of a Stratos for the first time in a magazine in the mid 70's... sooooo cool and different. British Top Gear had a great piece on the Stratos recently.

Aaron

Walter: You want a toe? I can get you a toe, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me. I'll get you a toe by this afternoon--with nail polish...

Guest Anonymous

Love the Dino vid -- automotive heaven.

Of course, in heaven the Ferraris don't break down and you can find parts for them. Until then, I'm content running through the gears with the old M10 ...

Guest Anonymous

Ah, so that's your car -- nice! Nothing quite sounds like a Ferrari ...

For awhile now I've been half-seriously thinking about getting a Mondial or 308, but it sounds like one needs rockstar $$ to maintain them properly and/or superior mechanical skills. It does put all my BMW expenses into perspective, though, not all that expensive a hobby!

Ah, so that's your car -- nice! Nothing quite sounds like a Ferrari ...

For awhile now I've been half-seriously thinking about getting a Mondial or 308, but it sounds like one needs rockstar $$ to maintain them properly and/or superior mechanical skills. It does put all my BMW expenses into perspective, though, not all that expensive a hobby!

Actually, 308 GTB/GTS and Mondi are very solid reliable cars, easy to work on and reasonably cost wise to maintain.

Yes, they are more than a TR6 or a Fiat 124, but not crazy expensive. further, they are simple and easy for a talented home mechanic to take care of.

Now, I don't have rose colored glasses; the vintage cars , Dino included, can be very costly. Like wise the newer cars, esp the 348 and 355 can be costly, but the 308 is a reasonable car for a regular guy to have if he will do the routine stuff himself.

If you are a car guy, I swear, you should try at least one time in your life to have a Ferrari, In your old age you will not regret it, I promise. :)

1970 Nevada 2002 Survivor

1975 Golf 2002 Project

1972 Atlantik 2002tii

Urotrash,

(This is getting OT, but) I appreciate your comments. I guess like any car everything depends on how the car has been taken care of. For me it will depend on my ability to do on the 308/Mondi the routine stuff I do on the 02: fluids, plugs, replacing bolt-on items like starters and water pumps, etc. I imagine that the mid-engine location presents some challenges. Something to check on the Ferrari sites ...

Hugh

hnichols