• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Newly acquired 2002

jeswaw

I picked up a car that I have been wanting for years now. It's not exactly what I wanted but it's close enough for what I want it for. It's old, beat up, and needs some work, but it's a blast. I plan on running pig cheek front fenders, over sized rear fenders, turboII air dam, fiberglass hood and trunk. My goal is to try to light as possible, its not going to be a everyday driver. Just a fun toy.

IMG_12481.jpg

The bumpers are hideous.

photo.jpg

So first thing I did was take them off.

photo-3.jpg

photo-1.jpg

Size comparison between my truck and the 2002.

photo-2.jpg

"Horsepower sells a car, torque wins the race." Carroll Shelby.

Looks good! I like 'em old and beat up (although my current 02 is kind of the opposite... but I've had both kinds).

And I know what you mean about the size comparison. Somewhere I have a photo of mine sitting next to a Dodge Power Wagon (the current body). You don't realize how small it is until you have something to compare to.

(and that's begging for a "that's what she said")

1973 BMW 2002 Sahara

SWABBLES!!! this forum has EVERYTHING needed for 2002's! i still need to know the year of that e30 for wire diagrams and gasket sets! and i'm still jealous of the new garage... beats the pants off of the little english one i have. Can't even fit the '02 into it, so i have to roll the front or the back in to do anything with cover.

Koblenz, the m10 that is going into my 72 uk spec touring is out of the e30. that car has an m50 in it and is STUPID fast and was a very well done swap.

1972 multi-colored touring in need of full restoration

Looks good! I like 'em old and beat up (although my current 02 is kind of the opposite... but I've had both kinds).

And I know what you mean about the size comparison. Somewhere I have a photo of mine sitting next to a Dodge Power Wagon (the current body). You don't realize how small it is until you have something to compare to.

(and that's begging for a "that's what she said")

Yea, I wanted something nicer, and a round taillights one. But I got this one and I'm satisfied, now only if I could work on it.

Welcome to the world! I like the E30.

Thanks! I was stationed in England and decided to bring it back, smartest move I could've made. I've been into e30's for quite some years now.

SWABBLES!!! this forum has EVERYTHING needed for 2002's! i still need to know the year of that e30 for wire diagrams and gasket sets! and i'm still jealous of the new garage... beats the pants off of the little english one i have. Can't even fit the '02 into it, so i have to roll the front or the back in to do anything with cover.

Koblenz, the m10 that is going into my 72 uk spec touring is out of the e30. that car has an m50 in it and is STUPID fast and was a very well done swap.

Hello there berry. The year of my car is an 87. I got lucky on my garage, it's the perfect size for what I need, but I wished I had a shop. I have a website that has pretty much every BMW wiring diagram, once I'll get off work I'll dig it up on my computer and get it to you.

sweet man! i need to get to work on it, but i just got the subframe out ready to be stripped down and rebuilt with all new bushings.

Nice, upload some photos on Facebook so I can see the progress.

if you want to get rid of the old bumper parts let me know.

They are hideous, but in some parts of the country, big bumpers are a must.

I'll be happy to sell the bumper parts. I have everything for them. Just email me at jeswaw@hotmail.com and we can arrange something. I'll be posting some other stuff as well.