• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What car is this radiator for?

austinmf

Looks like an E30 cross flow. Water flows from the left to right, left being on the tank with the two fittings. There should be a small tube fitting on the top of the tank with the two fittings for vent to the fill/expansion tank.

The fittings don't look like E30 though.

If that ain't it, then oh, well.

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

I like this.

"I'll go buy a radiator, and then find a car to fit it in."

Let me know if the logic passes the Significant Other test.

My quick glance says maybe an E30. The radiator cap resides on the expansion tank, not on the radiator. Second glance after I enhanced my computer screen it's not an E30M3. The top tank is VERY similar, but that lower tank???? Automatic somethingorother.

BTW- the last replacement radiator I got for my M3 was from an aftermarket vendor. When I got the radiator, you could see where the BMW roundel logo had been(same spot as the original factory rad), and had been shaved off. Had the same thing with the replacement windsheild. BMW roundel had obviously been removed.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

so definitely not a 320 radiator... I was told it came out of a 2002... and I was wondering how to run a hose across to the opposite end, plus no cap...plus

Adding this to my Crap from the parts for sale thread!!!! :(

FOR SALE-----74 2002tii 2782194 Turkis, Megasquirt, Korman road sport springs, Bilstein HD shocks, 13" FPS Bottle Caps

I like this.

"I'll go buy a radiator, and then find a car to fit it in."

Let me know if the logic passes the Significant Other test.

It actually went like this...For Sale 320 radiator removed from a 2002...I now realize it was removed from the trunk of a 2002 and was merely stored there. 320 refers to mercedes benz not BMW...2002 could also be the year it was made, handled or thought about...minor technicality and I should have known to ask more questions and not take literal descriptions literally.

FOR SALE-----74 2002tii 2782194 Turkis, Megasquirt, Korman road sport springs, Bilstein HD shocks, 13" FPS Bottle Caps