• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wanted::: Blue tinted rear passenger side glass for my 73

alpinaguy

Interesting. As others have said, I have never seen/heard of blue tint windows.

A few years ago I broke the passenger door window on my blue car. I would have bet money the glass was blue. I finally put in a green tint window, and, lo & behold it matched the others and looked blue. Guess it took on the colour of the car.

Edit: how did my pic attach to to the original post????

post-17583-13667650435151_thumb.jpg

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Yes the blue tint does exist. I don't know what the option list name would have been or number but the blue tint does exist. It is quite rare and I have only seen a hand full of 02's with this option over the years including the one I now own. I have loads of glass from clear to green and bronze tint, this one is definitely blue. After reading all posts I went out for the ol' double check and it is BLUE. The car does look quite sharp with the blue tint especially if it is Polaris or Chamonix, which I believe is what the tint was mostly matched with. Many of the 02's I had seen over the years were Polaris with the blue tint with the occasional Chamonix 02. So look in your stash bins and if you have a rear passenger side glass with hinge I would be interested as long as it has very minimal scratches. TIA. AG