• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seat question

feud02

and his asking price of $200 is a good deal unless the fabric and foam is super destroyed, they usually sell for $300 or $400 a set on vwvortex.com and the lower outside driver's bolster foam is usually messed up.

if it's just stained, you can remove the fabric and toss them in the wash and it should look pretty good (but time consuming to take apart). i'm soon going to be recovering a set and will have spare fabric and can answer questions for you as i've disassembled a previous set before.

you can also probably make a little of your money back if you list the vw seat bases for sale. There are just 6 allen head bolts that hold them on.

1971 BMW 2002 Chamonix

I would recommend to be careful!

Those seats look like they come from a late 80s early 90s car. At that time Recaro already made special bottom frames for the car manufacturers (Like VW and Euro-Ford) - not always standard 405mm-frame on them.

Those bottom frames are higher and smaller - lot of work to get those adapted into 02. Ask for detailed photos and compare before buying.

Best regards, Lars.

Ei guude wie? (Spoken as "I gooooda weee" and hessian idiom for "Hi, how are you?")

Já nevím, možná zítra.