• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 M2 build

kris

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some updates on the build

Tii booster has been relocated which fully solves any issues with the carbon air box fitment.

1148e24ee79ca586d27f6f1add60c5d5.jpg

The engine is home and in place on custom mounts. It is lower and further back than the "stock" position. The header will need to be custom, so I have a new E30 M3 header as a paperweight.

d1064acf0b981ab3253b4fcfec39da1e.jpg

01169a94658bd60c3fa4ae9b2cedecb6.jpg

c350109f90e8a46d58a66271e03b6407.jpg

489a9ac12eb7376584e71701be19a33a.jpg

70 M2 2.5L 

Are u able to cut the header and re-weld it to fit?

What strut brace is that? Send it to me ;-)

We expect to hear some noise from that motor shortly!

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

Are u able to cut the header and re-weld it to fit?

What strut brace is that? Send it to me ;-)

We expect to hear some noise from that motor shortly!

I'm going to sell it. Usic is designing and building a sequential header that will squeeze into the space.

Strut brace was from a FAQer.

I'm looking fwd to noise too. Waiting for AN hose and fittings for the oil cooler and remote oil filter etc etc.

Still aiming for the Vintage this year!

70 M2 2.5L 

OK - I have to ask...is your master cylinder now sticking into the nose area? With it being so low, how will that affect the bleeding process? Where will the reservoir be located? Will you use one that mounts directly to the cylinder ports?

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

I'm afraid that the booster relocation setup will not work. The booster input can't take the side force created by that tall shaft which is also not straight. Even if it was set straight the shaft is too tall to work without any support.

Otherwise really nice work.

Tommy

Racing is Life - everything before and after is just waiting!

OK - I have to ask...is your master cylinder now sticking into the nose area? With it being so low, how will that affect the bleeding process? Where will the reservoir be located? Will you use one that mounts directly to the cylinder ports?

Not into the nose, no. But close. I have the pre bent hard lines from classic tubes but those are out based on the positioning. Resevoir, right in that area, could be on the master, yes.

And those don't look like EVO injectors. What is they?

Cheers,

Volvo 850 Turbo (Orange Tops) - Bosch p/n: 0 280 150 785 high impedence 305cc/min. @ 3BAR fuel pressure

Evo III injectors are bosch's part # is 0-280-150-355 300.6cc/min, 43.5psi 3 bar

Marshall - thanks I bought the strut bar 2nd hand. It came with a nifty set of machined spacer to add a bit of height to clear the intake. I will take some pics of the engine mounts

Tommy - thanks for the comments. I will look at what can be done to mitigate any side play.

70 M2 2.5L 

Marshall - thanks I bought the strut bar 2nd hand. It came with a nifty set of machined spacer to add a bit of height to clear the intake. I will take some pics of the engine mounts

would be interesting to see how those spacers would work. without any spacers, my strut bar hits the bottom of the hood support beams. no way could i put spacers under it unless i cut the longitudinal supports out of the hood.

2xM3

What's a hood support beam?

;-)

would be interesting to see how those spacers would work. without any spacers, my strut bar hits the bottom of the hood support beams. no way could i put spacers under it unless i cut the longitudinal spacers out of the hood.

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

• 4 weeks later...

Rear brake setup is Massive which doesn't include an e brake option. Looked at a few options and Usic and I settled on Wilwood spot calipers. They will work with the std e brake cables. Usic made bracketing for them.

During mock up

62f1d137ab24fa9aeb95c43df408deff.jpg

eaf2c8ea67a5f6c3bcbe452e8bc636c8.jpg

d42e7f309709e97267754b57d2ab4dee.jpg

Rear end

5b7e2c716f3593c4c3bdcdef0d133783.jpg

Next up is the oil cooler and remote filter placement

6c7326617fc29afdd2354ddf25dc382f.jpg

70 M2 2.5L 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm afraid that the booster relocation setup will not work. The booster input can't take the side force created by that tall shaft which is also not straight. Even if it was set straight the shaft is too tall to work without any support.

Otherwise really nice work.

Tommy

Tommy, your comments were spot on. Here is the reworked setup

2002%20M2%20April%2013%201-L.jpg

70 M2 2.5L 

• 1 year later...

Pic of the sequential header completed.  Engine is out for final oil pan work before goong back in for good.  Fuel lines and oil cooler lines are plumbed and ready to go.  Hope to offer up a video of the car running next month

2upbvon.png

70 M2 2.5L