• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

76 Instrument cluster

doug73cs

The glass on both the tach and gauge are loose and buzz horribly around 2500rpm. No amount of tightening the 2 knobs holding the cluster in have helped. Before removing the cluster, is there a gasket that should be in between the glass and gauges that I should order - don't see it on RealOEM or the blue books?

Thanks

If we learn from our mistakes does that mean I have to make them all?

73 CS Polaris
76 2002a Sahara

Thanks, I have removed the instrument cluster and disassembled the twist rings and glass. Only the speedo glass is tight in the opening - the other two have enough slop that they can rattle side to side in the opening and the twist locks don't put enough forward pressure to stop the movement. I'll fudge that.

Surprisingly clean and dust free in there. Just polish the glass and reassemble.

Doug

73 CS Polaris
76 2002a Sahara

doug,

i had the same problem too, but in the end, i got the older black cluster and ended up having the same issues. so i put some clear silicone to act as a surrogate seal and it seems to be doing a great job of eliminating the rattle problem

while youre in there, you might consider spray painting the inner part a nice semi gloss or gloss white. replace the bulbs, etc.

take a look at this writeup: http://www.my2002tii.com/how_to_dash_gauges.htm

Bob

Thanks for the tips. I used very thin black foam tabs to shim the glass against the mounting tabs before clamping with the twist rings. No more buzzing. The cluster itself was very clean (like new) and bright LED's installed by the previous owner.

Should have thought to look at the my2002tii website - great resource for just about anything to do with the e10.

Doug

73 CS Polaris
76 2002a Sahara