• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

76 abandoned in Lakeshore Plaza, SF

Cameron

I found an abandoned 76 2002 in Lakeshore plaza in San Fransisco today. According to someone that works in the plaza, it's been there for about three weeks and it has a 'final notice' for towing on it.

It's a light blue respray close to Fjord, and has some decent rust starting to poke through the bottom right corner of the windshield. Interior is near immaculate. If it weren't a 76, I'd be jumping all over it.

It's unlocked, and I'd imagine the owner's address could be pulled off the registration card.

1971 BMW 2002

38/38 DGAS

292 cam

TEP 4-1 header

Ansa Sport muffler

Bilstein Sports

H/R Sports

Full Urethane

Bavaria Control Arms/02 Tension Rods

IE adjustable sways

15x7 König Rewind

by trying to contact the owner - (s)he might be willing to sign the car over free if it's going to be towed anyway.

Barry Allen
'69 Sunroof - sold
'82 E21 (daily driver), '82 633CSi (wife's driver) - both sold
66 Chevy Nova wagon (yard & parts hauler)

Put your plate on it and call AAA.

I LIKE how you think!

"Why would I pay that much money for a 1981 BMW that looks...like a 1981 BMW?" -Charles William Jones, Jr.

1975 Polaris, Sunroof

1976 Malaga

1993 E36 Sedan

1992 Mazda Miata

1998 Volvo V70

Or just call AAA...the towing companies don't care. I've had 3 parts cars towed to my house buy telling them I just bought it and it broke down.

Sorry, I don't venture into SF often (I actually hate the city, but that's another topic). I posted this more as a heads up to anyone who might be interested. I would love to get it, but I don't have the space for it. As I see it, a 76 is for either parts or selling out of state. I don't know the condition of the rest of the body, or even why it's parked, but I think it's probably worth more in parts than as a whole. It really pains me to say that, because I think every 02 deserves to be on the road; that's the other reason why I wouldn't want it.

I really wish I had at least looked to see what towing company it is, but I think a phone call to the company that manages the plaza or a trip to the plaza (assuming the car isn't still there) and a glance at the signs posted would point you in the right direction.

1971 BMW 2002

38/38 DGAS

292 cam

TEP 4-1 header

Ansa Sport muffler

Bilstein Sports

H/R Sports

Full Urethane

Bavaria Control Arms/02 Tension Rods

IE adjustable sways

15x7 König Rewind

Sorry, I don't venture into SF often (I actually hate the city, but that's another topic). I posted this more as a heads up to anyone who might be interested. I would love to get it, but I don't have the space for it. As I see it, a 76 is for either parts or selling out of state. I don't know the condition of the rest of the body, or even why it's parked, but I think it's probably worth more in parts than as a whole. It really pains me to say that, because I think every 02 deserves to be on the road; that's the other reason why I wouldn't want it.

I really wish I had at least looked to see what towing company it is, but I think a phone call to the company that manages the plaza or a trip to the plaza (assuming the car isn't still there) and a glance at the signs posted would point you in the right direction.

the car was still there yesterday evening, i live nearby and had to get some groceries after work. i took some pictures but haven't uploaded them yet. i've seen this car before parked on 14th st at dolores, it had a "please don't ticket/tow me" note taped on the window. seems like someone loves the car but shouldn't have it. i'll bet the car wouldn't start which is why it's at lakeshore. btw, the car is an automatic with sunroof, with original blue and yellow california plates. also, someone slipped a note on the front seat asking if the owner wanted to sell it.