• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB: 02

So after Vintage wifey has me on a mission to find her an 02. I prefer larger cars, but since we are going to start making parts for 02s, there is no reason we shouldn't go ahead and pick one up (because 3 BMWs isn't enough.)

I don't care how bad the drivetrain is (or how missing it may be,) it will be replaced.

I don't care how ugly the paint is, it will be repainted.

I am not worried too much about ratty interior, but a complete interior would be nice.

There is nothing that I can't fix, but there is one thing I don't really want to fix, and that is excessive rust. Floor pans aren't a problem because they don't have to be pretty once replaired, but I don't want to have to cut out winshield pillars or rockers or frame rails, shock towers, large sections of quarter panels, etc.

I would prefer reasonable proximity to central Virginia so I can inspect the car before purchase.

Previously modified cars are fine so long as the car has not been structurally compromised by the mods.

Roundie or square are fine. We don't discriminate.

The final nail in the "no way in hell are you going to find one" coffin is that I really don't want to spend a lot for the car. I really just need a dry roller that has all the glass and trim, and anything else is a bonus.

Whaddaya got?

We get York situated and now you come along? ;-) Heehee!

Here's a good start...

http://www.jaxed.com/cgi-bin/mash.cgi?cat=cp&itm=bmw+2002&loc=&fil=bmw&ys=1967&ye=1976&ps=&pe=&pgs=100&submit=++++go++++

Cheers,

Ray

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

I have one gentleman that I promised if I ever sold my project 02, he would get the right to first refusal. 76 Taiga in color, very solid/not rusty, not buggered, automatic, no sunroof, GA car, many NOS parts included or not, price dependant. If he doesn't want it, it could be had. Send me an email (the button) with your email/phone contact and we can discuss....in western NC, about 1.5hrs west of Winston-Salem, NC

PS....If you don't like little cars, how about a 74 Polaris 3.0cs for the little lady...72 chrome bumpers, bare metal paint, rebuilt trans and diff from Korman Autoworks...thinning the herd...Dave V.

I have one gentleman that I promised if I ever sold my project 02, he would get the right to first refusal. 76 Taiga in color, very solid/not rusty, not buggered, automatic, no sunroof, GA car, many NOS parts included or not, price dependant. If he doesn't want it, it could be had. Send me an email (the button) with your email/phone contact and we can discuss....in western NC, about 1.5hrs west of Winston-Salem, NC

PS....If you don't like little cars, how about a 74 Polaris 3.0cs for the little lady...72 chrome bumpers, bare metal paint, rebuilt trans and diff from Korman Autoworks...thinning the herd...Dave V.

Both of those cars sound like they may be out of my price range, but I am interested. We did own a CS at one point (a car I dropped an M30B35 with Motronic 1.3 into.) In fact, it was the second car I gave my wife. Her first was an Alfa spider quadrifoglio sold due to rust. We sold the CS due to rust as well, but I have an S38 ready to drop into one if I can ever find a non rustbucket. She has an M50 318ti now, but wants a 2002 to "help develop parts for MHE." Clever girl. Email incoming.

Beautiful car. I may have spoken with you at the Hawthorne about your M42 setup. Unfortunately, it is out of my price range. I am looking for more of a non rust bucket project in the $1-2k range if possible (a rolling chassis for under $1k would be fantastic.) For example, here is my M5:

http://www.mye28.com/viewtopic.php?t=65920

I got it super cheap and have rehabbed it as a driver/test mule. The car will get a completely different drivetrain and major suspension and braking mods, so I don't care too much about what aftermarket stuff is already there.