• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

my first 2002

cluna

The BMW 2002 says on the VIN plate 2002/2002tii....that just means they used the same plate for both cars....My 76 says the same thing. To someone that doesnt know they are easily fooled by this. Thats also why alot of people see 2002Tii's all the time for sale and they are not actually Tii's....Your VIN number is the ONLY way to know if its a Tii for sure. They didnt make Tii's in 1976...Production of the Tii's ended in 1974.

Here is what the plate looks like....they used the same plate for both cars.....

VIN_small.jpg

1976 BMW 2002 Fjord Blue Ireland Stage II • Bilstein Sports • Ireland Headers • Weber 38 • 292 Cam • 9.5:1 Pistons • 123Tune Bluetooth 15" BBS

2018 BMW M550i X-Drive

1964 Volvo Amazon Wagon
http://www.project2002.com

So I pick up this 02 near santa cruz for 500 bucks. I had noticed on the vin plate it said it was a Tii I'm not sure was that means hoping some body can help me I'll post some picks up soon

I was interested in getting that car for my significant other but she got badgered into having nothing to do with it. She is helping out with her 84 year old father. Months earlier he asked to add her to his insurance and they bumped his rates $4,000 a year even after he told them no thanks. They said it was because she was living in his house. Took him a couple of months to straighten it out.

Now She went to her own agent and got insurance for $269/6 months for the BMW and when that fell through she got the same price as a 2nd driver on her father's car so all is well. Friggin anal family, how many people offer to buy you a free classic BMW to save you $3,400 a year on insurance then give you abuse like you killed their dog?

Anyway how is the car? Was it good enough condition to drive? I know the previous owner said it needed some minor repairs like a new front wheel bearing.

Rick