• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

brake pedal sticking !

What the heck

Stays part way down only some times Where do I start looking ?? Can be a surprize as I pull into Dutch trafic

3421912 ask john

Red Baron a 74 sedanw/ dual webers ,spring,steins,bars. body shop for a full make over

Red Baroness a 71 1600 touring new to me and on the street in Limburg

Old Reliable a 93 318 m42's are soooo cool

check all the linkage bolts before anything. I spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to figure out why mine was sticking and it ended up being the upper linkage pivot(right before the brake booster). It had corroded just a bit and caused the linkage to bind, loosened the bolt 1/4 turn and it solved the problem. Also make sure your return spring is still in place in the pedal box.

If that doesn't work then try bleeding the brakes, if it's still happening then you probably need a new mater cylinder.

your supposed to put a few drops of oil on every pedal piviot,

gas pedal/carb linkage, door hinges/strikers, hood/trunk latches, check steering gear oil level at every oil/filter change

get after it

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

• 6 years later...