• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New York City 02ers

Wise-Man

Its been a long while since I posted to the board. I was going to sell my 02 a while back and then didn't. Now I have her out of storage and driving around.

Any New York City 2002's on the board? Anyone want to meet up now that it is nice out?

Let me know.

christopher.m.wise@gmail.com

post-5326-13667641759712_thumb.jpg

Chris

--------------------

1972 '02 Riviera

1972 '02 Charmonix (Deceased)

1997 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Bamboo -- 4 SALE

1998 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro S-Line Silver

I'm in Westchester county, car is not yet registered putting together my 5 speed parts to convert, just got my turbo manifold and intake but always willing to meet fellow car guys and swap stories or help out anyway possible.

Livio

Seems to be a few of us lurking about the city area COOL, I am trying to get ready for the vintage in NC, won't be anything close to a show car but will be a 5 speed HA HA thats about it, needs a paint job some rust to deal with on the floor, no carpeting, electrical system will be functioning fully and drivetrain will be rock solid so I know he'll make the trip.

I am currently working on a garage space to work (privately) and store my stuff, just a bit of info for my fellow NYers I am a pretty good mechanic/welder both steel and aluminum, I have access to a friends full facility with machine equipment, MIG and TIG welder, lift etc. If anyone needs help I am always willing to lend a hand.

Funny I was a Fighter jet structural mechanic in the Marine Corps, now telecommunications engineer but true gearhead at heart, as I previously mentioned always willing to lend a hand, anytime we can plan a GTG that would be nice.

Livio

Maybe it's time we had a full-on New York City '02 fest! How cool would it be have a slew of '02s doing the loop road in Central Park or driving over the 59th St. Bridge? Max Hoffman's office and showroom were here (before he moved them to New Jersey, alas) and David E. Davis's famous '02 test drive in 1968 took him down the FDR and over the Brooklyn Bridge, so it only seems fitting to do something here. Finding the right location for a park and chat kind of thing could be tricky but there's got to be a way to do it...

'74 Amazonasgrun S/R

Yes, we should all get together. My car lives in storage at 138th Street in the Bronx. From there the Madison Ave bridge is about a block a way.

Morning Side Ave is a nice quite street with room to double park. From there a cruse down the west side HWY to someplace downtown. Or Brooklyn.

I would think that a huge percentage of the cars out there came from Max Hoffman's. Everyone should come to town to make a pilgrimage.

Otherwise, a cruse up to the back roads of Westchester is always nice. Henry Hudson PKWY.

I'm up for helping on someone's project. (nothing too crazy). Or always need help/advice for my car.

Summer is here boys! Time to get the dust off these cars.

Chris

--------------------

1972 '02 Riviera

1972 '02 Charmonix (Deceased)

1997 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Bamboo -- 4 SALE

1998 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro S-Line Silver

• 5 years later...
On April 29, 2011 at 10:05 AM, Wise-Man said:

Yes, we should all get together. My car lives in storage at 138th Street in the Bronx. From there the Madison Ave bridge is about a block a way.

Morning Side Ave is a nice quite street with room to double park. From there a cruse down the west side HWY to someplace downtown. Or Brooklyn.

I would think that a huge percentage of the cars out there came from Max Hoffman's. Everyone should come to town to make a pilgrimage.

Otherwise, a cruse up to the back roads of Westchester is always nice. Henry Hudson PKWY.

I'm up for helping on someone's project. (nothing too crazy). Or always need help/advice for my car.

Summer is here boys! Time to get the dust off these cars.

Interested in hearing about your Bronx storage if you're still checking on here! My car lives in LI but I live in Brooklyn.. I don't have a roof for it though. I looked up storage units up there in the Bronx around 100/ month.. true fact?

Would be interested in a drive maybe next year when the car is up to scratch!