• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nk 1800 with 02 turbo bumpers?

Thanks for the pics Clay do you think these are exactly the same one used for the 2002, or is it possible to modify the 2002 ones for the 1800?

Entirely Photoshopped.

I'm sure that you could make the fender flares work, but the front bumper might require some extensive fiberglass work to get it to fit.

ClayW
1967 1600-2 - M42 - 1521145          Follow my project at www.TX02.blogspot.com          E30 DD Project Blog

Hi Clay,

Yep photoshop I've noticed that afterwards, however i would have taught that the fenders specially at the back would be the main issue? the front bumper would fit probably as the cars seem to have the same front body.

Anyway no speculations the only way to know is to get the measurements :-)

Thanks for the photoshop job though, it gave me the motivation to get this sorted out :-).

Do Good Attitood

The shape of the rear bumpers are the same between the NK and '02. Turbos are not the only '02 to use the short rear bumper ends, early '71 and earlier '02s used the same ends. The NKs are much wider than an '02 thus you can't easily use the center section of the 02 bumpers, BUT the sides/ends will swap right on.

HTH

Tom Jones

BMW wrench for 30 years, BMWCCA since 1984 at age 9
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 586k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20