• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It was an INKA Barn Find. Today it is 39 years old.

mac

The BMW 2002 Tii US VIN 2761332 was manufactured on April 4, 1972 and delivered on April 14, 1972 to the BMW Importer Hoffman Motors in New York City, the original color was Inka, paint code 022.

Subsequently it was sold to Motor Werks of Barrington (Illinois) and purchased off the showroom floor by B. Rahal on June 20, 1972.

By a twist of fate, on June 12, 1998, ownership was transferred to Charles MacKay for preservation. The process is almost complete.

mac.

post-19717-13667640525736_thumb.jpg

post-19717-136676405267_thumb.jpg

Interesting.

I'll be seeing B.Rahal this weekend at the Gran Prix in Alabama. Last year we spoke at length about the '02 and what a pivotal role it had in his life.

Great car with excellent provenance!

Cheers!

1976 BMW 2002

1990 BMW 325is (newest addition)

1990 Porsche 964 C4 Cabriolet

Wow, our tii's are practically siblings......here are my specs:

The BMW 2002 tii US VIN 2761350 was manufactured on April 7th, 1972 and delivered on April 18th, 1972 to the BMW importer Hoffman Motors Corp. in New York City. The original colour was Sahara, paint code 006.

There will definitely be a party this thursday.

1972 2002tii

curious here folks how would I search the history of my 02, I recently purchased a 1972 02, I searched for this year specific as it is old as I or maybe a few months older we were both born 1972, I will be restoring it to full luster but I would certainly appreciate the value of knowing where he has been and what history can be told maybe even the original color, being all stickers within the doorjamb was painted.

This photo may contain Bobby Rahal and his 2002. But I still cant find them.......

DCP_2717.jpg

David G.
1989 Volvo 240 Wagon "Da Brick" Daily driver
1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R "Hitomi" Sleeping. Waiting for NEO VVL!!
1976 BMW 2002 "Diana" The never ending project!!!

Here are the facts Mr BMW2002Tii: As stated, VIN 2761332 is the Inka '72 BMW 2002 Tii that B. Rahal "cut his teeth on" while he was a young man in college. This is the one pictured in the thread.

Many years later a "recreation/clone/reproduction/copy/replacement/etc. etc." was built for him from a car from California which was originally Colorado. I presume this car is in his garage in Ohio at this time. But it's still a copy.

Now you know the facts.

mac.