• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1800 NK restoration prject

rey949

HI Tom,

I really appreciate your input.

Yes I see what you mean. Being new to this I am using the reference manuals, and my comments are not from experience, but based on real time info I am gathering.

I see where the early 1800 engine has the same bore as the 1600 (84mm), but the stroke is longer (80mm). the 1600 has the 71mm stroke.

The later engines have the 89mm bore and the shorter stroke (71mm).

My thought was to drop in the 2002 crank with the 2002 pistons and rods into the 89mm bore 1800 block with the longer stroke of 80mm (basically making it a 2002 engine).

Did I get this correct?

Let me know!

Thanks.

Rey

I'm a BMW Zombie and there's no cure!

I know it's off topic but...

I went to school(Dakota state College) in Madison, SD 75-76. I went there straight from Heidelberg, Germany. There were quite a few ex-mil folks going to school there. I wonder if that is how the car wound up there.

Slowly making progress. I dropped the suspension (front and back) today. I know this is the easy part. Taking it all apart. The fun part will be putting it back together.

Yeah Right!

Next I will be dismantling all of the suspension parts and sending to powder coat:

Here is my Plan as far the build goes...next steps

1. Remove all door and trim, glass, and locking /window mechanisms

2. Remove Sound deadening insulation from Interior floor (Dry ice might work for that)

3. Soda blast entire body, and panels, and remove surface rust with Soda/Aluminum Oxide

4. Send to metal worker for body work/straightening

5. Etch prime body/chassis

6. Paint

In the meantime i will be getting the tranny, engine, Driveshaft, Differential overhauled.

i will update as I progress.

Rey

post-502-13667635651495_thumb.jpg

post-502-13667635652587_thumb.jpg

post-502-13667635653933_thumb.jpg

Bristol Grey with the vertical taillights is so great! The red and black interior is the best as well. I am in your boat, probably stay with white/Chamonix just to keep it simple. tempted to go Florida light green. My interior is black also. Tisa's came in Bristol, Chamonix and Polaris. The NK picture on 3 wheels makes me feel better about white.

post-18159-13667635721268_thumb.jpg

post-524-13667635722252_thumb.jpg

post-524-13667635723386_thumb.jpg

post-524-1366763572411_thumb.jpg

post-524-13667635725014_thumb.jpg

Joseph O'Neil

73 02 - Polaris - 2587250

67 2000 TiLux- Chamonix - 1451152

I really love the tisa interior...that dark red and black really looks great. I am tempted to have the capret set made up in Black and reinstall my brown interior and add a Black Restall bucket (Replica seat see pic) on the driver side. I think that would be a good economical way to go. NOt sure how that would look though...I have to think about that one. I love the pictures! Thanks for sharing!

post-18159-1366763573187_thumb.jpg

Sounds like a great idea! Don't know what you have, but I have the complete original carpet from car. How do we do that? Maybe just cut one out of cardboard or?? Maybe we can ask Esty.

Let me know!

Rey