• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Battery drain

Guest hogpie

My battery goes dead after sitting for a couple days( overnight in this cold weather). When I pull all the fuses from the fuse box and check it with a test light I have power to the cabin side of fuses 1 & 2. I don't have anything that tells me what these go to. It would help to know what they go to. I'm going to put an ampmeter on the neg side of the battery and see if I can tell which one or both are drawing power. Other than that does anyone have suggestions on where I should go from here. TIA.......steve

6 fuse car: 1--parking lights; 2--right tail light and license plate lights

12 fuse roundies: 1--left tail and parking light; 2--right tail and parking light. (see below)

12 fuse squarelights: 1--lighter (16 amp); 2--4 way flasher, optional trunk light and clock if it's a tii.

of course a previous owner could have wired most anything to these two fuses, as they're hot all the time...

If you have a 12 fuse roundie...you may not be aware that setting your turn signal with the ignition off will illuminate the appropriate tail light and parking light. This is required for on-street parking in Europe. While it shouldn't run your battery down overnight if it's good, it will run down a weak battery in a couple of days if you're not driving the car daily.

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite