• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E21 Recaro seat value?

SRC60

Any suggestions as to what a set of rough E21 Recaros are worth? There is a set available for less than $100 but the covers are torn and the foam bolsters are probably weak. They are black w/ dk grey checked cloth (they are still in the 320i and match the rest of the interior). Not trying to make money on them - just wondering if I should save them before the car is crushed and could get my money back.

Odd thing on this car, the deck lid had a 320i badge and from what I've read, 320is cars shouldn't have the badge. It appeared to be the original trunk lid and it had the large tool kit. Car has all the other is bits - lsd, sport steering wheel, spoiler, etc.

TIA, Steve.

They're not that uncommon but almost always worth saving. I've heard materials costs for reupholstering/fixing the foam from 200-400$/pair. If the seat frames are bent, they are trashed all over, headrests are missing, etc... Then they're not worth saving.

Just FYI for those who want recaros with out the price tag of a really nice set, honda CRX's came with recaros(maybe as an option, I'm not sure). They can be found on craigslist all the time for 75-200$/pr.

I don't have any pics now but can get some later. If I do decide to get the seats and not use them (likely since I have 2 sets of VW recaros that have more aggressive bolsters that are in much better condition), I'll probably bring them to next years V@V and sell them for what I end up getting them for as long as they are going to a 2002 or 320.

Steve