• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Taking sheet metal requests on 72 shell

DanOKC

It has hail damage, some rust, and I am keeping a few things for myself: Fenders, Drivers side frame rail, nose, drivers side floorboard front & back, drivers side rear window lower piece, maybe tail panel & spare tire well. Doors are straight but need new skins, the rust is there in back lower corner. Rear wheel shock towers are rusted through. I'll post pics of anything requested if it's worth saving.

Apologies to those who responded about 91 318is part out a few months ago. I still have it & it's next on my list, just been busy. This 72 has to go first, & I'm down to the last few bits before the recip saw starts up.

2002 owner since 1980

Here are pics. After hail storm broke the windshield, I removed it & hand sanded down the surface rust on the window frame. As I recall, there were not any rust through spots on the windshield frame on the sides, but I did sand, prime, paint, clearcoat with rattle cans to stop what rust was there. So there is tiny bit of surface rust on the window frame, but don't think it made it through to A frame metal. If you want these, how far above & below the corners do you want the cuts ? Price, 20 bucks for the pair plus shipping.

post-18561-13667633079763_thumb.jpg

post-18561-13667633085107_thumb.jpg

2002 owner since 1980

reply to ought2:

I don't know, I have a thing about keeping noses, you never know when your gonna need one. Shipping would almost have to be buy truck, just because of size, I think. I'd have to build a crate to hold it to ship, so I'm not sure.

2002 owner since 1980

Here are pics of drivers side, I scraped the surface rust with a screwdriver to see if I could find any rust through and did not find any. Also have pics of pass side, it's a little cleaner, but also has some surface rust. Let me know what you think, and if you want either, where you want them cut & if you want pics of pass side.

post-18561-13667633105311_thumb.jpg

post-18561-13667633114119_thumb.jpg

post-18561-13667633122275_thumb.jpg

post-18561-13667633129941_thumb.jpg

2002 owner since 1980