• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

micro-mini me

M3M3

I will confess an affinity for purple. my E36 M3 is technoviolet and my race car has purple accents. at some point in the very distant past (35+yrs?) i picked up a matchbox/hotwheels style toy car. a 2002. it is purple. i recently found it in a box of stuff.

coincidentally, the M2 i bought a few months ago for the engine in it is....purple.

since i can't actually work on cars for a bit due to some surgery, i wasted a few minutes putting the purple 02's together.

look closely at the roof...

DSCN0594.jpg

DSCN0593.jpg

DSCN0595.jpg

yes....i need to get better so i can actually do something useful with my time!

:-)

2xM3

What the heck are you doing up? You must be a sore puppy. Hope the pets aren't jumping all over you (they did that to me last year).

Do you get Bimmer Magazine? The newest (October!) issue has loads of good features including a comparison between Paul Cain's 3002tti and a new 135i.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

The article is a bit depressing.All the work and engineering Paul Cain put forth creating a fabulous 02 is just that a great 02.A 135i turns out to be the winner on most counts except it is still not an 02.

Jonathan

1973 Malaga "ti"2.3 stroker,dual 45s,lots of Alpina content13x6 Superlites bilsteins,Petri Sport ,GTS Seats,Coco Mats,Old Man Style "Patina"....but the old Emily is Fast.

2010 GTI 200 H.P.,dsg ,18"wheels etc.modern daily driver.

The article is a bit depressing.All the work and engineering Paul Cain put forth creating a fabulous 02 is just that a great 02.A 135i turns out to be the winner on most counts except it is still not an 02.

Jonathan

I still love the ttii. According to the article, it outhandled the 135i but wasn't able to out race the 135i due to shifting and traction issues. Modern vehicle electronics almost take the fun out of driving them.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

You guys should go out and test drive a 135i or 128i, great little cars (well not so little compared to a 2002 but smaller than a 335i). I would buy one as a daily if I have the cash as driving a tii w/o A/C 7 days a week sucks especially in this heat. However, I love it.