• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Head repair

ole1.6

I have a spare head for my 1600 that I have to install but the machine shop has said it has a crack in the water gallery. Is it OK to have it repired and where would I find someone to do it? I'm in southern california area.

Thanks for input you can provide.

I have a spare head for my 1600 that I have to install but the machine shop has said it has a crack in the water gallery. Is it OK to have it repired and where would I find someone to do it? I'm in southern california area.

Thanks for input you can provide.

It depends on the crack.

Call Jack at JF Pro BMW in Van Nuys if you're close to him. 818 285 2385

He has extensive experience with our engine and the machine shop he uses is an expert at these things.

It 's difficult to know if a head crack is repairable and how much it would cost without a close examination. But he can give you a range. Can you see the crack?

Pierre

O==00==O

69 2002 (M20), 74 tii, 76 533i, 79 323i, 80 732i, 84 323i (S50) 91 318is, 96 318ti (S52), 97 Z3, 02 330i, 03 525iT, 02 R1150 RTP.
Auxiliary Lamp Brackets  Kamei Reproduction Front Air Dam

Eric, Which shop are you using? Try Valley Machine just off of Euclid at the 405 or John Edwards behind Mesa Performance. They know BMWs.

Chris

HBChris

`73 3.0CS Chamonix, `69 2000 NK Atlantik

`70 2800 Polaris, `79 528i Chamonix

• 9 months later...