• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

fog light stabilization

gwb72tii

i've seen some folks use a standoff that attaches to the top of their fog/driving lights and the other end goes thru the grill and attaches to the body in front/above the radiator in order to prevent the lights from wiggling when driving over bumpy surfaces

anyone have any info on what they are using

BTW - my hella 160's are mounted to the front bumper directly (drilled holes)

TIA as always

72 2002tii

1988 535is  “Maeve”

polished aluminum. It had slots to fit over the bumper brackets and was appropriately notched in the middle to follow the contours of the front of the car.

Of course the lights are attached to the aluminum channel

Helped a lot to stabilize things.

John N

USE THE FORUM SEARCH. Been discussed many times.

Better yet, unless you're planning a night rally, ditch the extra lights.

Hey man, do you EVER have any sense of decorum on this forum?

"Forum Decorum", I like it!

I never get the search to work for me and I know others have said the same thing. I look up simple things I KNOW have been posted before and can never find them.

Fog/driving lights just look so cool, who gives a damn if you never need em .

"SAVE 'EM FROM THE CRUSHER !"

I went the super duper cheapo way and went with used fuel line from my m635. I doesn't have as much flex as new fuel line and has a neat part number and roundel stamped on it. I cut two pieces approx. 5" in length, then placed them between the fog light backing and the rails that the hood bolts up to. I used a little butyl rubber(for glazing) on each end of the rubber hose and walla!, stable lights, looks decent, and no drilling.

Maybe the angry poster just hasn't seen the light yet!!

71 2002

85 M635

89 327is

98 M3

I went the super duper cheapo way and went with used fuel line from my m635. I doesn't have as much flex as new fuel line and has a neat part number and roundel stamped on it. I cut two pieces approx. 5" in length, then placed them between the fog light backing and the rails that the hood bolts up to. I used a little butyl rubber(for glazing) on each end of the rubber hose and walla!, stable lights, looks decent, and no drilling.

Maybe the angry poster just hasn't seen the light yet!!

Good job

"SAVE 'EM FROM THE CRUSHER !"

Damned straight brother! I wouldn't expect these sun loving rust free car guys to feel our pain! Add in the way people drive around here...

Two things you shouldn't live without in the NW.

1. 3rd brake light

2. Rear fog

I run fogs up front as well, but Hella 500's and don't have any trouble with them staying tight on my nice big front bumper ;-)

I did notice though that they have a tendancy to pick up rocks, hence the covers when not in use. Surprisingly the H4's have lived on for 15 years without a ding.

BD