• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Horn Button Diameter

While up at Carlisle, I bought a hub for my Ferrero (Ferraro?) steering wheel. It's a standard MOMO hub for the 2002. I now need to find a horn button for the wheel. The inner diameter seems to be 2.133333 inches. Can someone please tell me what size their various horn buttons are. I've tested a Nardi horn button and that doesn't seem to fit. (Too small). Also if someone has a photo of how they installed their horn onto a MOMO hub, I'd love to take a look, it seems that the hub I bought has a brown wire from the contact ring. Am I missing something, or how does it ground / receive power? If anyone needs to see a photo of what I'm talking about, I'd be more than happy to take some.

Thanks for the help.

-Dan

Daniel Shor

Bethesda, MD

'74 2002 "Charlotte"

Half as old as my first car and I wouldn't have it any other way.

too small, (like the Nardi), you can install a metallic sleeve inside your MOMO hub to make it fit.

I had the same problem--a Personal hub and a really pretty BMW logo horn button from something else that was several mm too small. I took the hub down to the local hardware store and found a piece of copper water pipe that with a little external sanding was a nice press fit into the hub. With the extra thickness of the copper pipe, the horn button fit perfectly.

Don't be temped to use plastic pipe unless you run a ground wire from the horn button's retaining clips to the metal hub. The button grounds through the retaining clips.

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

It was my understanding that Momo discontinued BMW horn buttons because of copyright issues with Roundel emblem. There is no reason why other Momo horn buttons (Porsche etc.) won't work. Just get a Roundel wheel hub emblem and stick over it.