• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will a TII front grill fit on a 1976 02?

bruno615

Hey, Just wondering if a TII grill will fit on my '76 02. I love the look, is it possible though? Has anyone else done something like this? I didn't find anything in the forum search.

Mike

1976 Fjord Blue BMW 2002

2002 Topaz Blue BMW M3 Convertible

Guest Anonymous
Sorry for the confusion, I am referring to this piece, with the chrome slats and border. I believe it was also on the older 2002's. Is there a way to make them fit on the '76?

Sorry, you are still confused. Different nose piece takes different grille pieces. They are not easily interchanged unless you are willing to accept the use of a lot of duct tape. Of course, if you undertake substantial body modifications, you can make the older grilles fit the newer nose. At that rate, you could also adapt the newer nose to receive the grilles from a 54 Buick too.

Sorry.

yeah, but not without significant cosmetic bodywork.

The kidney opening's completely different.

I did one in a fit of desperation, and it took a good

afternoon of cutting, welding, metal finishing and then

smoothies.

How badly do you wanna do it?

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

Hey, thanks for the replies. I guess doing it isn't exactly plausible. I also considered using chrome paint, but while that might look fine for the slats, I think it wouldn't look good on the sides, around the headlight.

1976 Fjord Blue BMW 2002

2002 Topaz Blue BMW M3 Convertible