• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tii injector install advice

Wattfab

About to re-install my cleaned up injectors, aside from replacing the copper washers with new ones, any other tips? thread sealant or anti lock? (my instinct says nothing on the threads).

How about torque spec. for install.

many thanks, love the FAQ

1972 2002tii

About to re-install my cleaned up injectors, aside from replacing the copper washers with new ones, any other tips? thread sealant or anti lock? (my instinct says nothing on the threads).

How about torque spec. for install.

many thanks, love the FAQ

there are no sealants needed, but new copper washers are under the injectors

i cannot find the torque spec

72 2002tii

1988 535is  “Maeve”

I generally do not put anything into aluminum without some type of lube. In this case I used anti seize, the silver stuff.

Because these injectors will be in there a long time with a remote possibility of being removed at anytime, it just makes good sense.

The copper washers are good until they become hard, but they are cheap so replacing them is a no brainier.

Wattfab, very timely question I am about to reassemble my intake manifold.

I was looking for vacuum leaks, I suspect that 3 out of for of my injectors were leaking, I did not us a wrench to get them out, hand tight. Any time I touch any thing on this car I get surprises, not of the good kind.

Complete dis-assembly of the intake manifold not one lock washer.

Good info as always coming out of FAQ.