• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hans-Joachim Stuck

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Was down in Socal for a few days last week and over the weekend (Good god the weather was incredible - maybe close to 80 degrees on Sunday!). So no worky on the blogs. I had started a piece on HD Stuck, posted it up a little while ago. Maybe one of the greatest of all BMW drivers (Deiter Quester is right up there as well) of all time, drove a lot of different BMW's and BMW powered cars including many 02's.

http://historicracingbmw.blogspot.com/

i miss that video on youtube where he was driving like mad on the nurburgring...there was no voice, juste the sound of the engine, he was passing several cars...couldnt find it.

this one is not bad..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYtBn-pGCxU

look at his fart face...heu heu heu !! i am driving on the autobahn at 195mph !! heu heu heu !!

post-119-13667621010365_thumb.jpg

2006 530xi, 1974 2002 Automatic summer DD
1985 XR4TI, 22psi ±300hp
1986 yota pick-up, 2006 Smart FT diesel

Hanschen was/is a wonderful driver and an all-around good guy. I covered the IMSA races when I worked at Autoweek back in the mid-'70s and watched many a race when he and the great Peter Gregg went at it like madmen. I don't recall that magnificent CSL of Stuck's beating Gregg's Porsche RSR too many times, but man, it certainly was wonderful fun to watch. Them were the days!

-JFT

'68 1602 I wish I still had

No 2002 yet, but looking

2003 E39 sportwagon

1982 Porsche 911SC

One video that was shown to us in 2005 during the M Driving School in SC was of Herr Stuck driving around the "ring" at full speed. No talking, only the sound of the car taking a few laps. It was incredible.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

i miss that video on youtube where he was driving like mad on the nurburgring...there was no voice, juste the sound of the engine, he was passing several cars...couldnt find it.

this one is not bad..

Pat - I may have seen that "no talking one" - see my response ^

Jim Gerock

I heard he left BMW, now working for AUDI I believe but I may be wrong. His dad was also a great racer, drove the famous Audi Auto Union car(s) in vintage years.

IIRC, he left BMW for VW Motorsport. I think I read this news in the Roundel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans-Joachim_Stuck

Jim Gerock

this one is not bad..

Pat - I may have seen that "no talking one" - see my response ^

yup, the one linked above is worth looking at it all, on a wide screen with the volume to the maximum !!

too bad its not high res.

1985 XR4TI, 22psi ±300hp

Guest Anonymous

The original builder of my car (turned into a Bsedan Racer in 1970) was in Austria at the Salsburgring in 1969 or 1970 and saw Nikki Lauda compete in 3 separate races in a weekend all in BMWs, a 1502, 2002 and 3.0 in which he won all 3!

qyfuhc.jpg

He said after watching that...he knew he had to build a race car and it had to be a BMW!

Anthony

Would this be the Nurburgring video?

probably, worth looking at it too, its the same car at least (note the dent in the windshield)

edit, its the same freaking video, just 2m less at the beggining.

1985 XR4TI, 22psi ±300hp