• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brake caliper issue

craaaazzy

yes i've searched but am still having issues.

some may have read that i replaced the front brakes in my 74 w/ IE's standard big brake kit (rebuilt). car pulled to the left. stuck pistons i thought...

i had a buddy come over to push on the pedal so I can see what exactly was happening w/ the pistons. w/ no clamps on any piston, only one piston moved. so alright, i clamped that piston as well as the 2 on the other side and had him push. piston moved and did it at least 10 more times. removed the clamp on the single piston and had him push. only one moved. reset pistons back in. this time, i kept the clamp on but loosely and had him push. single piston moved until it reached the clamp and then the other piston moved. this same thing happened on the other side of the caliper where only one would move until it reached the clamp.

when i went for a drive today, the car seems fine on low speeds and brakes evenly but when i apply more pressure or try a panic stop, some times it pulls, some times it does not.

is this a faulty rebuilt caliper? i spent a good amount of $ on these. if i knew i would need to replace them, i would of just gotten junkyard calipers. thoughts?

fred

my project blog:

craaaazzy's 2002 project