• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 02 needs a favor from you all

ClayW

Hey Clay,

Fight like hell with the insurance, they just don't want to pay.

Here's a link to a 76 on Hemmings for 7K,

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/bmw/2002/966142.html

Good Luck!

Arden

http://ardens-2002tii.blogspot.com/

71 2002, tii, Schwarz

72 2002 tii, Polaris

76 Trans Am, Sterling Silver

96 Volvo 850, Daily Beater

Parts Cars: 73 2002 Malaga, 74 2002 tii Granatrot & 76 2002 Verona

Hi Clay,

I thought of a few more suggestions.

1. Bury these people with paper.

2. Ask the adjuster where he came up with the $3500 figure, then give him a print out from NADA Classic.

3. Print all the listings mentioned and give them to the adjuster and make sure Barret Jackson is on top!

4. A magazine article or two that rave about the 02 wouldn't hurt.

Good luck!

Arden

71 2002, tii, Schwarz

72 2002 tii, Polaris

For what it's worth

NADA Classic guide (google it) shows Low retail of $5,750, Average retail of $9,700 and high retail of $16,700

Yeah, I mentioned that to the adjuster. He told me that it's a lot more affective to present ads of similar cars that recently sold for higher prices than what they currently value the car.

ClayW
1967 1600-2 - M42 - 1521145          Follow my project at www.TX02.blogspot.com          E30 DD Project Blog

Guest Anonymous

How much is the repair estimate? If you can avoid being totaled and get started on the repair the body shop can work with the insurance company to fix the car properly.

Years ago I had a damaged E30 and the repair estimated was 3k. We ended up spending 6k in total costs.

The car was valued somewhere near the 6k.

Clay,

It occurred to me that the engine might have been damaged by the jarring, especially with the front strut poking up so far. You better check to see whether your recently installed EFI system fell off, as you may want to include that in your insurance claim. ;-)

williamggruff

'76 2002 "Verona" / '12 Fiat 500 Sport "Latte" / '21 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road Prem “The Truck”

Clay,

It occurred to me that the engine might have been damaged by the jarring, especially with the front strut poking up so far. You better check to see whether your recently installed EFI system fell off, as you may want to include that in your insurance claim. ;-)

And somehow, the pothole mangled a perfectly good set of vintage Panasports into E30 Bottlecaps!

ClayW
1967 1600-2 - M42 - 1521145          Follow my project at www.TX02.blogspot.com          E30 DD Project Blog

You mean those rare, vintage, NLA bottlecaps? Last I heard, those were going for $300 each on Tii's here in DC.

Thank God they weren't the Uber Rare "turbines" that sell for $1500 per set!

Arden

71 2002, tii, Schwarz

72 2002 tii, Polaris

If you have an IPhone, download CraigsPro+, you can search every Craigslist city at one time. There are about 6 76 2002's for sale in various cities in the US. Several were over $8K.

Good luck.

Get as much as you can for them to total is and then buy it back for $1,000.

74 2002 Restore/Upgrade Project - M2

08 Alpina B7