• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OT - The Pikes Peak of parking . . .

Jerzy

see the published date? 1929 Big Depression Era -

people driving their cars out of buildings

Why not die sitting in your Duesy instead of

splattering yerself on the pavement?

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

We found a place kind of like this - at least kind of like the entry, there on the left, the thing that spirals upward - in Geneva a couple of years ago. It's a public parking garage that is circular and a continual upward spiral. The garage is big enough so that there is a duel entry/exit lane from top to bottom and wedge-shaped parking spots on each side of each lane. Pretty cool idea.

Now I think of it, there is - or at least was, a few years back - another cool parking spot under St. Stephen's Catherdal in Vienna. To use this one, you drive in, leave your car. The attendants load your car onto a dolly and push the dolly into the parking - we'd call it storage - area, stacking one on top of another. The methodology was interesting enough, but that they managed to build it under one of Europe's most venerated cathedrals was especially interesting, I thought.

-JFT

'68 1602 I wish I still had

No 2002 yet, but looking

2003 E39 sportwagon

1982 Porsche 911SC

The wierdest parking facility I have ever parked any of my cars was in Strasbourg. When we took European delivery of our E39 we looked for hotels that had parking. We contacted the hotel and they said oui. When we arrived, we drove down to a basement, the 530 barely made the turns, and were instructed to drive in an elevator! It was a 10 car rotisery, where each car was parked in a floating floor. I could barely open the door to get out, the operator pushed the button and up it went!

FAQ Member # 91

Ha! My workplace has 2 large fully-enclosed 6-story spiral roadway towers on each end [1 for up, 1 for down] to provide access to the building's rooftop parking lot. It's no 18-story, double-helical journey - but it can be a bit of a dizzying skid-pad like traverse at times. ;-)

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com