• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for power curve info and specs on Alpina A4 engine

john1180

I don't think I have ever seen a power curve on an A4s. All I know is the end points, ie 0 and 165 hp. I know it doesn't help, but with a 300 cam it should look it bit flatter than a turbo. I remember driving Jan's Alpina A4s, and the power came in at 3k and build rapidly all the way to 6k and probably stayed there, or decreased little to 7k. Yes, it felt like 165hp.

Mr. Bill Williams' 2.23 A4, on the other hand, feels more like an M2 (a 2002 with a S14 2.5) pulling at least 200 hp, and probably more like 220 hp.

This I base this on memory and comparison with other 2002's that I have driven that have documented dynos. Not very scientific, if you ask me, but I try to be objective.

As far as the pump is concerned, if properly in tuned, the A/F ratio should be between 12 and 13, but only with a max variance of +/- .25 across rpm's between 2K and 7K. We use the A/F readings to tune up Jan's A4. Mostly playing with the primary linkage and the long crank linkage. The car was transformed in half hour. Pretty simple.

FAQ Member # 91