• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

single weber downdraft carb.help!!

19682002sa

i have a 1968 02. i have dual weber sidedrafts and the one has siezed. i am now having to put on a single weber downdraft to help with the fuel consumption and give it a smoother ride since i found it really hard to tune and synchronise the dual sidedrafts. wil this hamper the performance a lot?

You'll miss them a bit, but then, months later when you

realize you haven't thought about your carb in months, you'll

be able to grin just a little.

Me, I'd fix the dcoe. They're so easy to work on...

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

I had a sinlge weber 34 ?? on my old 1600 and while it was smooth at the low end I could not get top end performance out of it. The stock

Solex 1 barrel was much better suited for the 1.6L. I would think that the same would be true for a 2.0L.

75 2002 polaris 2365430

88 325ix zinnoberrot

I had a sinlge weber 34 ?? on my old 1600 and while it was smooth at the low end I could not get top end performance out of it. The stock

Solex 1 barrel was much better suited for the 1.6L. I would think that the same would be true for a 2.0L.

Landon is correct. That small weber is for 1200/1300 vw's.

They barely worked on 1600-2's and would be even worse on

a 2002. Stick with the 40 solex if possible to source and install.

Parts inquiries: 2002haussales@gmail.com FAQ Supporting Vendor  www.2002haus.com www.bmw2002registry.com  Free Your Mind - Remove the Chains and Think