• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

headlights

lngbrd

Just got my car back from the paint/body shop, what a nightmare. The list of things that now don't work on it since I delivered it to them is endless. I have to have the car past safety inspection here in TX so I am focusing on the items that will make it pass. I thought I would start out simple, headlights. The right headlight works, left does not. I whiched the bulbs around to see if it could be that simple, nope. I believe the ground wire is plugged in the correct lead and it grounded to the body. That leaves two wires to play with. I have switched them around, nope. Checked the fuses, they are good too. So... now where do I look? I'll appreciate any help I can get here. Thanks in advance.

Steve

73 2002

sounds like a fuse check #3 fuse clean the contacts and find the common ground should be by the radiator. that should work the left headlight. don't Just look at it actually take it out and clean the contacts. And of course always take the negative lead off so you dont weld anything to the car or set on fire!

1972-2002 "polaris"

2000 M5 "Dieter"

2004 330i "ILKA"

Test number three fuse and see if you have power at both sides of the fuse at the fuse block with a test light or multi meter. If not the fuse is bad and looks good. If it works then test for power at the light socket if good then you have to fix the ground for that light.

1972-2002 "polaris"

2000 M5 "Dieter"

2004 330i "ILKA"

sorry no further suggestions right now... but it sounds like you don't have an ohm/volt meter. If not I would recommend getting one... I held off getting one for a long time and finally purchased a super cheapy one... has worked terrifically for several years now and saves lots of time.

good luck

Rob

Rob

1966 Mustang vert - 5.0EFI/AOD & mods

1975 '02 - the typical upgrades (my 'new' car)

Ta da, who says there's not a santa claus, duho! I got the headlights working now the turn signal lights are out when they weren't before. You guys have been a great help so lets keep it rolling. What is the underdash relay "nicht werhen" connect to?

Steven