• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Engine Swap?

GreenBeam

I couldn't find any info about it using search... Anyway, I'm really looking into packing more ponies under the hood of my 76 2002 so I want to know if I can swap out the stock M10 for a Tii or Turbo engine. Will either engine bolt right on without fab work?

Also, what does the average cost of an M20 conversion come down to after after fabrication/installation. I read about the S14 costing an arm and a leg...Just wondering if an M20 is any different.

Thanks ALL!

If you really use the search you will find that there is tons of info.

Heres what you'll find to save you some time.

Build your own engine with cams and webers to 150hp for $2-4k.

Put in an M20 with 168hp for $3-6K and a LOT of work.

Put in an S14 with 192hp for $5-10K and less work but you'll never regret doing it!

76 Jade Green w/ E21 2.0 - DCOE Weber 40s, 304, 5spd, Stahl>Ansa, Wilwoods, H+R and Bilsteins, and some other fun bits.

p179457832-2.jpg

What mods would you recommend be done to my stock M10? Really, I'm open to anything weather it be Engine swaps or mods to the current engine. But you better bet if option A is cheaper than option B, I'm going with A. Just looking to see what my options are and whats the best route to go...

I'm pretty new to the whole 2002 scene and have been snooping around here for a while trying to figure everything out so those of you with 02 knowledge, now would be a great time to chime in and voice out your thoughts, opinions, and ideas on this topic.

there are really 4 main routes to go with a stock motor

turbo, supercharged, efi, sidedrafts

High comp pistons 9.5:1 comp or higher, cam 285 or higher, big bore, you could stroke it to 2.3 or 2.5 with a s14 crank (for N/A and forced induction), lightweight flywheel, balanced rotating assy., billet rockers and con rods, double valve springs, oil pan baffle, oil cooler, big radiator are just some of the mods that I can think of for a hot N/A engine to be ran with either sidedrafts, efi or mfi..

As for turbo and supercharged applications, pistons around 8.5:1, big bore, stroker billet assys. etc....

Do some research on what you want in your engine, and what you want your car to do.

We cant make your mind up for you...