• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E30 M3 seats in my 02

autoaloha

I just happened to run into an old friend at the base gas station as he was on his way to donate his 325e to charity (it was a total dog). long story short, I followed him the the donation lot and pulled the seats before we turned the car over. They need new leather, but what the heck? So- any tips on how to do the fabrication to get them in? I've searched but couldn't find any pics of how people have configured the base for the rails. also- should i even bother?

post-16985-13667614923569_thumb.jpg

1984 Pininfarina Spider Azzura (Fiat 124): sold

1992 300ZX Twin Turbo: sunny days

2001 Toyota 4runner: sold

1974 BMW 2002 automatic: daily

1991 BMW 325iC: sold

1986 BMW 528e: daily

I just happened to run into an old friend at the base gas station as he was on his way to donate his 325e to charity (it was a total dog). long story short, I followed him the the donation lot and pulled the seats before we turned the car over. They need new leather, but what the heck? So- any tips on how to do the fabrication to get them in? I've searched but couldn't find any pics of how people have configured the base for the rails. also- should i even bother?

Search for Mike Pugh's article here at forums.He also has a web site: Mike Pugh's 02s:

http://www.mikepughs02s.com/How_To_s.html

wider than '02 seats - major surgery to the driveshaft tunnel is required to get them close enough to the steering wheel center line and mounted low enough to work properly (I did this modification on a non-original '71 roundie).

E21's, on the orther hand, are just enough wider across the floor pan that fitting the same seats only requires modifying the outer seat mounting pad - the inner seat rail bolts right up to the stock E21 pad (have E30 M3 front and rear seats in my semi-euro 320i).

Barry Allen
'69 Sunroof - sold
'82 E21 (daily driver), '82 633CSi (wife's driver) - both sold
66 Chevy Nova wagon (yard & parts hauler)