• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Refreshing the taillight assemblies on a squarie

Jim_75Sahara

I pulled the assemblies out yesterday and cleaned them before applying quick-drying enamel (rattlecan) as a primer. This am, I applied Krylon chrome aluminum (shiny) paint. Looks very good so far. It needs to dry before reinstallation. BTW, I masked off the bulb sockets w/electrical tape. Who knows -- brighter taillights may save my life one day. Thanks to Mike Pugh for sending me a nice replacement for the driver's side!! (A p.o. had used the wrong bulb which had partially melted the socket for the running light in my old one.)

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

Craig: I thought about using the tape, but I didn't want to do delicate "surgery", so I went with the chrome aluminum paint. I put it all together & it seems brighter, though I'm looking at it during midday.

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

This was my first 2002tii. I, like a lot of people, bought it on eBay. It was advertised as being accident free, and it had the old time BMW CCA sticker on the rear window so I guess I trusted the seller more than I should have. I had it shipped from AZ to CA and realized a few months later it was hit really, really hard in the front passenger fender. It wasn't worth restoring so it was sacrificed so others could live.

The good thing was, it had a pretty good BMW crate motor and a 4.10 LSD.

Craig74tii

1978 Black Trans Am

Mercedes Benz 300CD, 300TD

Jeep Grand Wagoneers