• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yahoo! (Kudos & Thank-You's)

jwcurry

I have a 69 chamonix 1600 just about ready to be returned to me. After test driving the car, I can report that I am SO excited to own it.

I wanted to thank a couple of folks and highly recommend doing business with them.

1) Gary Espeland @ Boyd Motor Werks in Portland, OR who installed a 5-speed and replaced a tired 1600 engine with a 02 motor. He's also done a million other things to make this car ready to go.

2) Robert Johnson of Wildomar, CA who sold me a rebuilt engine that was exactly as described. He was very careful to make sure I knew exactly what I was buying. I am extremely happy with the transaction.

He sold me an m10 with 9.5 cr pistons, 1982 casting e12 head port matched and polished, radius grind valve seats and shrick 292 cam shaft, surfaced head and honed cylinders. Also came with a ported and polished intake manifold, weber 38/38 and tii exhaust manifold.

3) Ronald Aractingi of Autosolutions.net who both gave me advise about the engine and also sold me a short throw shift kit. Folks, this feel so good in the car and really improves how the car drives.

After about 10 years in the 02 game, I finally once again have a car I really can love and drive and not worry too much about rusting away or falling apart.. I recently purchased a home and am in the process of moving in as I type. I finally have a garage I can put my car into and worry a lot less about rust. I'm about as happy as one can get and I wanted to share.

Best wishes to all the other 02'ers out there. I know it is very tough times and I really hope things turn out well for anyone/everyone hurting. I'll be seeing many of you at various festivals as I finally have a car I am happy to include.

I'll also be liquidating a LOT of my part stash since I'm committed to only keeping a couple of crucial spares for really hard to get parts. If you are in a pinch and really need something, I'll try to work with you. Going to take me awhile to move my mountain of parts over to the new house though. Whew.....

Jerry

Jerry Curry

Salem, OR

-------------