• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

You can be on the side of a Racecar! Sponsor FSAE

Dutchie3719

Hi all, for those of you who don't know, when I'm not crying myself to sleep for missing my 2002, or in class up here at RPI, I build (along with some other car-nuts) a race car for a yearly competition called Formula SAE. Each year, we spend about $50,000 building a 450 pound race car from scratch. Now 50,000 is hard to come by, and we can hardly ask our parents, they're already broke from paying tuition, so im here to ask. Is anyone of here willing to help sponsor our car. As much as we need money, we expertise as much, if not more. If you have any motor sports experience, or even a spare $20, we would much appreciate it. Also, If you know how to get sponsorship dollars, or have gone through this process please email me. Furthermore, if you want a nice pretty shiny info-package I can have one sent to you upon request.

-Sorry To Grovel on a 2002 forum. But common we all love cars. 'specially racecars.

Daniel Shor

Bethesda, MD

'74 2002 "Charlotte"

Half as old as my first car and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Daniel,

Hope that you're doing well at RPI!

I have a spare $20 to help out. I'd offer more, but I just forked tuition for two. :^{

I did a Google on Formula SAE and it looks like a hoot! Are you driving or just part of the design team?

I'll be thinking of you during my first auto-X this weekend at Chapterfest.

Marc

I've got 3 years experience in FSAE. I'd be glad to share what worked for us and what didn't. Things to expect and things to not try because they'll become a mess. As much as people claim this is about "forumla cars" it's actually about gokarts. The formula car part is an illusion to make people think it's more complicated than it is. I'll be glad to share any info with you that you'd like.

• 1 month later...
As much as people claim this is about "forumla cars" it's actually about gokarts. The formula car part is an illusion to make people think it's more complicated than it is. I'll be glad to share any info with you that you'd like.

That probably depends on the number of team members/budget/how many years you have been building the cars. I went to Europe this summer for FSAE with my school(OSU) and I can say ours is a lot closer to formula than gokarts. We had probably 10K in data acq on the car, Motec, carbon chassis, hundreds of hours spent on tuning and suspension design. This year we are taking the chassis even further, doing more aero testing, possibly carbon fiber wheels if we have time, and all of this is in addition to basic changes we will be doing.

That said, I would also be glad to share what has and has not worked for us.

Here's a link to our blog: http://blogs.oregonstate.edu/formulasae/

We don't have anything amazing although there are a few cool high speed camera shots, also the guy in the orange Dukes of Hazard car did the stunt driving in that film. Maybe this year we'll have something good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljfNg3G5ffA

Stuttgart, the #1 team currently

Wester Washington U had probably the best formula sae vid of all time.

FSAE.com forums are the only active ones to my knowledge. There are forums on the SAE website for formula but I don't think they are used often.

Also check out FStotal.com

Want to start an thread in the OT section for FSAE?