• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

There is a land rover in my rear vision mirror... heeeelp

nz02nutter

Guys, All your voting propelled my 2002tii into the number on spot in the www.myminter.co.nz competion. Overnight a guys with a 67 landrover put up a post on the facebook landrover site and instantly got about 60 votes.

If any of you could be arsed helping out I would soooo appreciate it now. I dont want a 67 land rover to overtake my 02'

If you want to vote simply go to www.myminter.co.nz register and cast your vote for the old girl.

If you have voted already you could get anyone else with an email to vote as well :)

Cheers

Andrew

post-17308-13667612017585_thumb.jpg

No dont want to do that, for one thing its dishonest and also the competition site may be recording IP addresses when the end user votes. It would look a bit suspect if there were 100 votes from one ip address. Thanks for the sugestion anyway. I was hoping that guys like you who obviously have a love for the cars would support someone with the interests. I certainly would do the same for you. Cheers Andy

Beautul car, Andrew - looks like you're up against some professional frame-offs and their checkbook mechanics (aside from the Mercedes). If it's true that you kept the costs under $10k, you deserve to win for that fact alone.

(Hijack - check out the V8-powered E30 in the "Modified Minter" section of the link. http://www.myminter.co.nz/Contestants.aspx?category=Modified%20Minter )

post-1769-13667612021597_thumb.jpg

Cheers Otis, Its takes alot of perserverance to keep the cost of a classic car rebuild down. Anyone with enough money can open the cheque book and achieve a high standard with a series of prefessional trademen. I take great pride in the fact that all of my cars have had the parts restored when possible rather than simply buying new bits. I spend hours and hours and hours polising, cleaning or repairing parts. Doing this yourself you usually get a far better appreciation of how these old girls were engineered. I personally take great pleasure out of that.

Thanks for your comment in any event. If you voted i really appreciate your time and effort.

Cheers

Andy