• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New set of Tii alloys found...with costs

I have found a new set of Tii alloys, but the price sounds pretty high to me. What do you think about $325.44 each, with the wheel caps being an additional $72.22 each?

Is there a cheaper alternative somewhere else?

Samplemaven

BMWCCA #420368

'72 2002 Tii Inka restoration project

'07 550i Titanium Silver, steptronic...ED 2006

That seems to be the new going price through Mobile Treadition/BMW Classic everywhere.

I would loook for used caps if I were you and go with new wheels. I have an extra NEW set available I might be willing to part with for a little less. New in boxes.

Also, you may want to try BLUNT here on the board. I have purchased many parts from him in the past and he has always been very fair.

Ross

Thanks guys for the input. I really appreciate you...and other members on the forum who are not only knowledgable, but are quick to post much needed information, regardless of the question.

It is helping me with my first ever restoration...and making it not nearly as difficult as it could be otherwise.

Thanks, Samplemaven.

Samplemaven

BMWCCA #420368

'72 2002 Tii Inka restoration project

'07 550i Titanium Silver, steptronic...ED 2006

Thanks guys for the input. I really appreciate you...and other members on the forum who are not only knowledgable, but are quick to post much needed information, regardless of the question.

It is helping me with my first ever restoration...and making it not nearly as difficult as it could be otherwise.

Thanks, Samplemaven.

Try La Jolla independent for oem alloy rims. They had a few of these about 4 months ago for $225 and the center caps were around $40 or so.

I bought a set from a member here for $212 a piece via e-bay and got a spare wheel for just about $225 with shipping from Carl at LJI.

I know the member is reading this and has a couple of coveted sets. I'm sure he'll chime in if he wants to sell them.

They are getting rare. Carl told me he checked when I bought them that Mobile tradition had 18 wheels left in inventory with no plans to make more.

You can still find the original Michelin XAS 165 HR 13's for them at - IIRC - around $150 each. They handle poorly compared to rubber now on the market. If you don't go the oem route, you will have a very hard time finding a decent tall enough tire.

The best we were able to do with regard to size on 13" rims with good grip were Toyo 888's, 185/60/13 - very short. Great for handling, not so great for filling up the wheel well. Fortunately I have the wherewithall for lowering the car a bit and changing the rear end to a german spec 3:45. If you have a 3:65 or 3:91, the car will be very buzzy.

from what research I did, the other options were Toyo Spectrum 185/70/13 and 175/80/13, also Kumo Solus 185/70/13. My friends wouldn't let me put mini-van tires on my 2002 though, so not an option for me.

It's more of a hassle than you'd think with a 13" rim.