Victor_PR

Why doesn't my E30's dashcluster lighting is

8 posts / 1218 viewsLast Reply

not so intense as the one in this picture? I have replaced most of the bulbs, changed the rheostat mechanism (was the same with the one before) and sprayed with contact cleaner the rotary contacts as well.

Any thoughts?

TIA

LightedDashCluster.jpg

when you take a picture in the dark without using a flash any light in the picture looks really bright.

You can see that the light in the lower right is overexposed, leading me to believe that this picture was taken with a long exposure therefore the photographer could make the lights as bright as he/she wanted.

Either that, or the person has bright red leds installed.

So I may in fact have a adequately lit cluster. Well, that goes to show that I definitely need to learn more about photography. Also, I may be spoiled with the way my wife's X5 lights up nice and bright.

Thanks for "enlightening" me guys.

BTW: You guys could work for NCIS! (just kidding!) ;-D

As long as you can see everything clearly at night, I would say that it is quite adequate.

... but do not be tempted by suggestions to use 5 watt bulbs instead of the correct 3 watt. The larger bulbs will melt parts of the cluster.

I think they have a bad voltage regulator.

;-)

Cheers,

Ray

Why would you want your dash lights that bright? Bright lights kill your night vision. In my VW I have the them turned down to their lowest setting. On the 02 doesn't matter as they're really dim to begin with, and can be turned off. But for a modern car my Infiniti is the best as I can turn them off completely. It really helps for nighttime back road driving.