• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Late model nose on an early model car, is this a dumb idea?

Jorsh

Stumbled my way into buying a nice running '72, the body and interior are rough and need a lot of work though. Both front fenders need to go and the nose is damaged enough that I should just put another one on.

Is it feasible to put a '74+ nose on a pre-'74 car, or is it too much trouble to be worth it? Ideally I'd just get my hands on another early model nose section but I'd like to know what my options are.

Thanks

Word, I'm not going to try to shove the old grill & kidneys into a new nose, I just needed to know if the nose will fit on there with little hassle.

My future plans for this car involve flares and a paint roller, so I'm definitely not going to the purist route.

Word, I'm not going to try to shove the old grill & kidneys into a new nose, I just needed to know if the nose will fit on there with little hassle.

My future plans for this car involve flares and a paint roller, so I'm definitely not going to the purist route.

I have a descent early nose.. A 1969 1602. Its not perfect, but not horrible. I still have its bumper as well. Jasontgipson@gmail.com

IMG_0469.jpg

2002 newbie, and dead serious about it.
(O=o00o=O)
Smart Audio Products for your 2002

Stumbled my way into buying a nice running '72, the body and interior are rough and need a lot of work though. Both front fenders need to go and the nose is damaged enough that I should just put another one on.

Is it feasible to put a '74+ nose on a pre-'74 car, or is it too much trouble to be worth it? Ideally I'd just get my hands on another early model nose section but I'd like to know what my options are.

Thanks

Late model will go on just as easy as early, not sure if thats what you were asking when you said "trouble."

THAT said, the most trouble you'd get would be from some clown trash-talking your car for having a late model nose & grills -shrug-

Most of the used early noses that I have seen that come available are junk, rotten to a greater or lesser extent under the battery tray. Again, may not matter if you are willing to patch that up or cover it with an airdam. But not worth big dollars for the piece if it has that rot and they almost all seem to. Also, quite often they're knackered when removed by the "dismantler" despite all their best intentions. And I have no idea what anyone would charge for a new early nose I know they are "NLA" so...what's the sky the limit? 2 grand?

------------------------

why list 'em...they're all projects anyways!

Thanks

Late model will go on just as easy as early, not sure if thats what you were asking when you said "trouble."

THAT said, the most trouble you'd get would be from some clown trash-talking your car for having a late model nose & grills -shrug-

excellent, that's all I needed to know, thanks!