• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recaro seats - professionally re-upholstered and recovered

LarsAlpina

Hi,

do have some sets of Recaros for sale. I think you US guys call them "E21 style".

All seats to come in pairs driver/passenger. Never mounted after recovering - flawles just like new. Material vinyl, Cord, Alcantara or combinations. Material not original BMW but very similar. Flechtnarbe even better than BMW can deliver nowadays - closely checked that on the last Vollcabrio we did.

Price for a pair Cord/vinyl or Skai/Flechtnarbe is $800 including shipping to US. I´m from Germany so keep an eye on custom fees and maybe ask for that before order.

You can also order a pair of Recaros according to your wishes of design, color and material. Original BMW, leather or whatever - just send an email with your wishes and I will meke an offer.

Seat brackets and runners as original Recaro available at 190/pair.

Best regards, Lars.

post-16304-13667602109252_thumb.jpg

post-16304-13667602111328_thumb.jpg

post-16304-13667602113214_thumb.jpg

post-16304-1366760211499_thumb.jpg

post-16304-13667602117736_thumb.jpg

Ei guude wie? (Spoken as "I gooooda weee" and hessian idiom for "Hi, how are you?")

Já nevím, možná zítra.

you were to offer upholstery kits--that would save a great deal of shipping cost and also open up a market for folks who already have the seats and are looking for nice upholstery so they can install their seats.

I'd love to find a kit for my own E21 seats with the caramel-colored vinyl as used on the 72-73 cars and the center done in a matching corduroy or velour so the seats would resemble the 2002 sport seats...

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

it might save shipping costs.

First I´d like to ask a question: I assume that E21 sport seats for US are the same as they are for Germany so those are Recaros only made for BMW with the color-fitting cloth or vinyl, aren´t they? At least it´s like this over here and the seats on photos of US cars I´ve seen look pretty much like Recaro.

Out of factory 02 was delivered with Scheel or older type Recaros (if ordered of course). They are the ones that the Porsche owners discovered to be suitable for their 911´s also and that got horribly expensive with that meanwhile (good used pair about $2500 and up over here).

Second I do not expect to have dozens of 02 owners from US ordering my seats. Somehow I see this ad as a kind of try - I have the seats and liked to show and offer. Maybe someone sees just what he always searched for and considers the price reasonable.

Third I definitely do not like upholstery kits for self-mounting because of quality. If you´re not a professional upholsterer with the needed tools it´s quite difficult to produce respectable results. I´ve seen so much crap here in Germany done with those kits, really lookin awful. And in the end it´s never the fault of the person mounting, it´s always the fault of the seller of the kit - he didn´t size right, he didn´t sew right or whatsoever. I really don´t need that kind of hazzle and the maybe occuring disputes. With me doing the complete seats I know they´re as near to perfect as possible and I can sell them with big confidence in my product.

I don´t say that a talented and willing person can by no means produce acceptable resiults with self-mounting, but why do you need me with it? I assume there are sources in US where you can buy cloth and vinyl. And there should be upholsterer shops also (maybe those can even supply fitting material for you) which can size and sew kits for you. If those kits really don´t fit then and caused you a bunch of hours vain work you can additionally have the fun of a personal kick at the seller´s azz with drivin over once again.

So in the end: Sorry, but no kits - thank you for your understanding. And excuses for my english sometimes maybe sounding a bit "bumpy" to native speakers.

Best regards, Lars.

Ei guude wie? (Spoken as "I gooooda weee" and hessian idiom for "Hi, how are you?")

Já nevím, možná zítra.

• 5 months later...

lars,

I really like your recaro seats. Can u give me an estimate on how much it would cost if I wanted this style of seat... http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,57/page,download/id,29990/

with this upholstery...

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,57/page,download/id,29987/

You can send me an email if that is easier for you. dandnpv@cox.net

Hope to hear from you soon.

Dan