• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ack i need more dcoe help

72BMW2002TII

Okay so...I just got a carb kit from pierce...one of my starter valves seemed to be missing a spring washer and the carb kit didnt come with one. Is there anyway i can get one of those locally? I really want to get my car up and running by tomorrow, its just been so long now. Oh and another question, i replaced my floats with the more reliable plastic ones, and im unsure on how to measure them. The shape is more boxy than the stock round ones so i wouldnt know where to exactly stick measuring item of some sort. Also, do the plastic floats follow the metal ones with the distances? meaning 8.5mm and 15mm?

Missing spring washer

Photobucket

plastic floats

Photobucket

Ryan

-Ryan

icon.jpg

The bumperless wonder.

Setting the fuel level in the carb by trying to adjust the float level is not very accurate. A better method is to measure the fuel level in the main jet wells. Send me an email and I will send you the procedure. Meanwhile, you can get your plastic floats to the right ballpark by setting the tips to ~12.5MM from the carb top.

Chris B.

'73 ex-Malaga

why not contact Pierce for an Over-Nite shipping on your missing part,

and at same time ask them if the 'new' float measurements differ,

or are the same as this ? :

float_1.jpg

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

The procedure is fairly simple by measuring the two gaps that the float hinge assembly allows. The measurement is taken at the lowermost part of the float when the hinge is to the top. The difference between the two gaps should be somewhere in the 12 to 13mm range I believe. Pierce's schematic for the DCOE starter spring washer isn't listed, but I would contact them anyway. Good luck.