• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Custom S14-M2 engine mounts

Lee

I will have ready within 10 days a small batch of 10 sets of S14 engine mounts for 2002. They allow to move the engine back by two settings: 1" and 1.5"

Modified S14 oil pan required to clear the driver side subframe.

M10 pan will require a lot more surgery.

The passenger side bracket is 3 piece and will require to TIG weld one piece when you decide by how far you want the engine back. The driver side is one piece and allows to bolt the existing small bracket in two positions. Or be welded. Parts are laser cut from 304 stainless steel and CNC folded. Some fasteners will be supplied.

Kit price (doesn't include rubber or urethane bushings) is not 100% set yet, but shall be around $100usd + shipping.

If ou are interested, pleae write down your name below (copy and paste) so that I can track you.

1-

2-

3-

4-

etc

Also, I made a small batch of aluminum flanges that allow to bolt DCOE airhorns on S14 throttle bodies. $45/pair (left and right TBs)

Massivescript_specs.jpg

Brake harder. Go faster.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be interested, as I am about a few days from ordering Urethane motor mounts.

But, I'm confused (sorry). What do we have to do with the oil pan (either M10 or S14) as I have both?

What urethane or other pieces do I need to get to make this all work?

I was planning on running an IE sway bar, which he has some that work with the S14 installation.

I'm going to be working on the car over the next couple of weeks and would be great to have some idea before I start and decide one way or another.

Thanks,

74 2002 Restore/Upgrade Project - M2

08 Alpina B7

Hi Lee

I am interested, Do you have any photos of the parts?

Do you have a sketch or photo of how a steel oil pan would be modified?

Please contact me when the parts are ready.

Mark

Mark, put your name on the list so that I can keep track. And watch that thread.

The steel pan will need to be clearanced to clear the subframe. Look under the car and it will be obvious.

Here's what I sent to cut and bend. Kit will need assembly and welding depending on what setting you need.

Complete_kit.jpg

Massivescript_specs.jpg

Brake harder. Go faster.

Lee,

Are there no other area's in which we will need to be concerned about clearance and make adjustments? Off the top of my head I remember the bell housing being somewhat close to the center drag link.

I checked the other day and the bottom of the e21 bellhousing may need to be shaved by a small bit and on a small surface. I will check everything when I get the mounts. A shorter oil filter will be needed on left hand cars with steering box. Not a problem with RHD cars, or cars with steering rack.

I'd like to highlight tat the S14 will work in standard position but my quest to move the motor is to make the car handle better and is probably aimed at enthusiasts who are ready to do a little more work on their car to get the ultimate handling.

Massivescript_specs.jpg

Brake harder. Go faster.

have any pics on the flangs?

I shall get the engine mounts and S14-DCOE flanges by end of the week. Adapting DCOE airhorns to the S14 is one of my attempts to make the S14 look vintage and get okay'd at vintage races... He, he.

Massivescript_specs.jpg

Brake harder. Go faster.