• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuel line and Weber 32/36 question(s)...

BillyTheKid

Well, after about three months of a gas-smell-free interior...it's rearing its ugly head again. About three days ago I began to notice the smell and each time I drive her, it gets worse (enough so that when I pulled it into the garage the entire garage smelled like gas). So, I'm now ready to pull the plug and complete the fuel system overhaul I've been putting off for the summer/fall.

I plan on using the POR fuel-tank repair product (as I'd already purchased this back when I was trying to diagnose the original problem), replace all the fuel lines and...that's about it. My question is...the clear and blue fuel/vapor lines that run through the interior...are these readily available and if so then where can I source them out? Do most BMW shops carry that kind of stuff...or is it more of a special order item? Finally, since the return line under the car is no longer used, can I opt to use this line and just bypass the interior all together?

Second issue, after hearing what great gas milage the Weber carb had (of which I wasn't seeing)...I decided to re-adjust the carb (the mechanic that installed the engine/carb said his 'guy' did a thorough tune-up prior to me receiving the car back). Anyway, lets just say that the carb was only tuned on one side...the other was WAY out of adjustment (no wonder my gas milage was total poop). Anyway, gas milage is much better (and so is performance/response) however there is a slight flat spot between 1300-1500 rpm. Does anyone know a remedy?

Thanks!!!

bill