• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay Dash Covers?

Bobby_Digital

Have any of you used one of these dash covers or one like it? Is it just the cover material that you then have to apply to the rigid structure of your dash? My dash is terribly cracked but I don't want to fork out $500 for a good used one and don't mind spending some time recovering mine if it will in fact turn out looking good.

Any advice is appreciated.

Also, there seem to be more one piece dashes available used in good condition. Is it a straightforward swap out with the three-piece, or is there fab work involved?

Thanks,

Rob

..... & from the other side -

like a bad hair-piece - sure some look 'good' till

you see the edges and bad match.

would you buy a car with one on the dash ?

don't waste yer money

patina is nicer.

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

..... & from the other side -

like a bad hair-piece - sure some look 'good' till

you see the edges and bad match.

would you buy a car with one on the dash ?

don't waste yer money

patina is nicer.

take the pessimists on the board with a grain of salt...afterall, we can't all be encouraging...

it's a good alternative the the high price of a nice dash

i have 2 of those on my cars and know several others here do as well...once installed...it takes a very keen eye to know it's a cover...and very easy to install

but don't buy one from that bandit on ebay....check out...

https://www.topsonline.com//

https://www.topsonline.com//index.php?CarmodelID=49000

Hi Esty

Do you think this will fit on a 1970 dash?

Thanks all ........... JCorrea

Guest Anonymous

I have one on my car - have not glued it yet... The fit is pretty damn good overall, except for the area around the glove box, which I cannot open and close easily (it would be better if I glued it down)

Still, the glove box is the only area not covered by the "hair piece" and as such, it shows a big contrast. So All in all, if it were me, if you have $90 and a nasty dash, get the toupee... If you have a little more, get the dash repaired or redone in leather or alcantara... If you have $1300, get a NOS one ;-)

Hi Esty

Do you think this will fit on a 1970 dash?

the 'basic' shape of all o2 dashes are the same be it 1 a 2 or a 3 piece dash...i have one on a 2 piece dash and it works just fine....it just looks like a one piece dash...the down side to using one of these on a multi-piece dash is that it will not fit tight at a few places, in other words there will be slight space between the dash and the cover in a couple of spots...primarily along the top parcel portion of the dash... the one piece dashes are more rounded there than the others.....however, the material is sturdy enough that unless you're trying to crack it, it can take anything that you'd throw on the dash and more..

the best way to apply one is with the adhesive that comes with it or something of that type....i wanted to put one on a nice dash a year or so ago so that i could change the color of the dash without having to sacrifice my perfectly good dash...i came up with the brainstorm that i could use some heavy duty, self adhesive velcro...then i could just remove the velcro if i hated it....it's not necessary or recommended the glue cover the entire dash anyway...these things are made to only glue at the edges...and i do have one that i dyed, velcro'd in my nissan pick-up...it's been riding tight for 2 years

they are easily installed, in the car without any trouble...the only issue i've had was with the last one i installed...i had to do some slight trimming and tweaking to get the glove box door to close properly...i think it was my glove box door or the dash was slightly warped to start with...anyway...it was a quick and easy fix