• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

throttle cable

merek22

Has anyone bought the one off the site?

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/page,shop.product_details/flypage,/product_id,71/category_id,18/option,com_virtuemart/Itemid,59/

Just wondering if there's any work needed for it (other than the possible drilling holes, which is easy), and if its specific to carburetor, and year car...

Thanks,

Merek

If no one has used it, or knows anything about it, how did other people set up their cable throttle linkage system? Thanks.

'75 2002

Personally, I've come to love the rod ! (heh heh...)

The stock setup has so few problems and is dead- nuts reliable.

And if your motor mounts are on the way out, it'll warn you of that, too...

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

haha, well, i switched carbs to a 38/38 dual mikuni solex setup, so the stock set-up doesn't work, and I tried contacting Pierce Manifolds, but they instantly replied saying they do absolutely no work with Mikuni carbs...

so now I'm looking to do a throttle cable setup, and that one seems simple, but there's not enough information given about it, like if it works on stock, or only webers, or what years, etc.

'75 2002