• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AC Bracket Picture requests

B-Doon

Hey everyone!

Does anybody have a pic of an A/C compressor bracket? I took the day off today to do my radiator swap... After my honey-do list was complete it was 3pm before I got into the garage...I got the radiator out w/o incident, as well as the old condenser left over from a long since decommissioned a/c unit that the dealer installed back in 72....

My original plan while removing the radiator was to rr the water pump, clean 36 years of oil sludge off the engine, chase down a horrific oil leak from one of the timing covers, and get the a/c system out....I'm having a hell of a time getting the compressor and the bracket off....perhaps someone, like CD has a diagram or picture of the bracket? Oh, and I'm not sure what type of compressor it is, ie. sanden, fridgeking, etc. It seem like I either can't see, can't reach, or just can't find the points where it attaches to the block...

thanks for taking a look at my post!

Brian

72 inka

72inka2.jpg

The york brackets (square compressor) wrap around the motor & have 2 water pump bolts that go through them, & most have a tab under 1st cylinder ex manifold nut. the sanden types (round compressor) do not wrap around & only have bolts into side of block & some have one ex manifold bolt also. See my post from last year to see pics of both. In both cases, you have to unbolt the compressor from the bracket, then unbolt the bracket from the block, because there is a bolt into the side of the block you can't get to with the compressor in the way.

Re: Air conditioning compressor brackets that work with 02?

HERE

2002 owner since 1980