• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NY Times Collector Car contest...

robspeed

Wouldn't it be something if the new owner of Delia's former Oranger were to enter the contest and win???

Yeah, sure. I love you too, Mr. "no-profile" Gregory.

;p

Being one of thirty finalists last year, in my opinion, is quite an honor in itself. I got a nifty gift item and an enduring presence on the NYTimes website.

http://collectiblecars.nytimes.com/View_Listing.asp?ListingID=COL705091

It's unlikley the new owner will make a submission of #2762756 under his name. He has a bit more integrity than that.

Since this is the NYTimes, like last year, expect a car from the North East to be selected. And since it was a British Roadster that took first place last time, possibly there will be a domestic musclecar to take top honors.

Delia

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com

Guest Anonymous

It was not my intention to offend you. Quite the contrary. I voted for your car last year and would vote for it again, if given the opportunity. You have stated it was "in the running." Why couldn't it still be in the running? Does this mean the car you formerly owned cannot be reconsidered? Is that part of the rules?

You mentioned integrity. The car is the car. I did not advocate changing anything and I was not aware that the owner was a consideration for the award, although being a celebrity couldn't hurt. Why can't a car be a two time winner or consistently in the running? Times change as do voters.

G

It was not my intention to offend you. Quite the contrary. I voted for your car last year and would vote for it again, if given the opportunity. You have stated it was "in the running." Why couldn't it still be in the running? Does this mean the car you formerly owned cannot be reconsidered? Is that part of the rules?

You mentioned integrity. The car is the car. I did not advocate changing anything and I was not aware that the owner was a consideration for the award, although being a celebrity couldn't hurt. Why can't a car be a two time winner or consistently in the running? Times change as do voters.

G

The NYTimes staff chose the thirty cars contest where my '73tii was selected as a contender. It's unlikely they would again pick cars from the same list.

Your "the car is the car" statement is offensive. Those who know me well have an understanding of the efforts I've made since 2001 to put the car in it's current state of repair and historical accuracy. It didn't somehow fall into my lap as "a really nice car." In that regard, I feel as if I made a significant contribution to the car's current condition.

Selling it under any circumstances was NOT my plan and I resent the mysogynistic notion from you, a complete stranger, that somehow a change in ownership would make the car worthy of a greater honor than has been bestowed upon it by those who voted in the contest.

Finally, regarding integrity, I don't feel as if I need to treat you and your veiled insults as being credible. I know nothing about you, you have no listed profile on the faq. Your familiarity with me as a board member is, in a word, "creepy."

Delia

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com

Guest Anonymous
The NYTimes staff chose the thirty cars contest where my '73tii was selected as a contender. It's unlikely they would again pick cars from the same list.

Your "the car is the car" statement is offensive. Those who know me well have an understanding of the efforts I've made since 2001 to put the car in it's current state of repair and historical accuracy. It didn't somehow fall into my lap as "a really nice car." In that regard, I feel as if I made a significant contribution to the car's current condition.

Selling it under any circumstances was NOT my plan and I resent the mysogynistic notion from you, a complete stranger, that somehow a change in ownership would make the car worthy of a greater honor than has been bestowed upon it by those who voted in the contest.

Finally, regarding integrity, I don't feel as if I need to treat you and your veiled insults as being credible. I know nothing about you, you have no listed profile on the faq. Your familiarity with me as a board member is, in a word, "creepy."

Delia

Mysogyny? Since you do not know me, I could easily make nasty comments, if I had wanted to. That was never my intention. Gender had nothing to do with my comments nor was I ignoring or belittling your efforts to improve your car. I was merely recognizing how nice your car is or was.

Had your car been hermetically sealed in a climate controlled bank vault for 35 years, I would have had the same reaction. So too, had you spent millions to present the car at Pebble Beach, I still would have been impressed with your car. I was merely looking at the final result as you proudly pictured your car on this board, which I have obviously followed. In my eyes, the car is no less impressive because someone else currently cares for it.

The care you lavished on your car was obviously very deep. Again, my comments were not intended as a slight, sorry you feel this way.