• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Some brake system questions

KB73

Hi all,

I am picking up where the previous owner left off on my project track car. The brake setup looks pretty good, with big vented rotors up front (Volvo, I believe) and solid rotors in the back (VW). I think there is a 5-series master cylinder around here somewhere too (not installed).

I've torn out the pedal box/booster/master cylinder, which are all stock.

I've seen the Alpina setup w/ single MC, and the German Performance Service dual MC modified box (pricey - yow!).

I'm not sure how to proceed here. The dual MC setup looks good, but at $1600.00, should I consider a hanging pedal rig? Or should I just settle down and go with a single MC? I'm not even sure how much braking I need (aiming for a 200hp car), but I would rather have too much than not enough.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Cheers,

Kristian

Yes, I saw this when I did a forum search - very nice. Given that I already have a MC that will work, this looks like a good way to go. I can certainly think of better ways to spend $1600.00!

Will you use a proportioning valve?

In your description you mention that you had to spread the pedals apart - did you have to move the brake pedal? I'm concerned about heel/toe shifting.

once you get in there, you realize that it's easy to move the

position of the brake pedal around-

just change the bends in the 'stem' a bit, and there you go.

I usually move mine towards the accelerator about 3/4".

So far I have run into (lack of) space problems getting the

remotely- adjustable balance bar in there. It's freeeeeekin' cramped!

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL