• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Distrib. Housing Seal Let Me Clarify,

justinevert

Working on the distributor housing -backing plate.

There is a o ring that is front the bottom portion of the oil pressure sending unit on the head.

I just put the the seal (with a little oil around it, in the hole) with my pinkie finger and just cover it up with the backing plate and forget about it? Would it not blow out of it's position when oil is ciculates or does the pressure unit hold it in place?

Thanks, Once Again!!

Justin

The question is not that we broke a few rules or took certain liberties with our female guests.

We did ;)

Charlie don't surf!!

no - not next

to the oil pressure switch,

but furthest away from the switch.

just that special sealing washer on the bolt,

torqued the same tightness as the others - NO sealent,

just dry or smear of motor oil on the threads

see the post a bunch of lines down where I posted a repair

manual diagram of the bolt location

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

Just did this myself, and it was my thread that the diagram was added to :)

The far outside bolt next to the oil pressure sender is the one that gets the special washer under the head of the bolt. No sealant or anything on that, but I used a thin smear of silicone on both sides of the gasket based on a couple different recommendations.

The one thing that bit me was the rear head bolt on the drivers side (the one next to the oil pressure sender). There is oil pressure running through this hole, so make sure your head bolt and washer are perfect - no scratches, ridges, etc. If everything is perfect then you should not leak there, but I also ended up smearing some silicone on that washer as extra insurance.

Brian

'72 2002

Brian

'72 2002

'91 325i

The drawing does not really clarify anything. The seal is separates from any bolting and is right in front of the oil pres. sensor. Does the sensor hold it in place when oil travels through its circut? There is a bolt to the left of the oil ring that I have been told is subjected to the oil presure but that is about it. I really don't want any leaks or failures.

Justin

The question is not that we broke a few rules or took certain liberties with our female guests.

We did ;)

Charlie don't surf!!